Thursday, November 24, 2011

A New View

Jodi:  So Randy promised pictures and gosh darn it, we're not going to let you down.  Back when we first bought the house, I ordered pretty white Pottery Barn linen roll-up and tie window treatments for our kitchen, the den and the master bath.  We have this window in our master bath that you can see right into from the street outside our house.  So I put up the window treatments up and ran outside to look, and unfortunately, you could still see right into our bathroom at night.  So we resorted to this for way too long:


See the red paint?  Not a very good picture of the true color, but you get the gist of how the drippy walls look.  The cork board is such a bummer, because we have a beautiful view from the bathroom window.


I don't think anyone wants to see Randy or I in the shower, but I hate to block our view of all that green.  So while we were stuck inside during Hurricane Irene, I took some fabric that I got inexpensively at the remnant section at JoAnn Fabric and stitched some simple curtains.  I kept the idea of white linen, but this time I used it for lining.


So no peep shows and we can still see out over the top of the curtains.  I continued the bird motif (for now) with a bird bath tray I found online last year.


The whole thing cost maybe $18.  The fabric was $10 and the bird bath tray was $8 on sale at save-on-crafts.com.

Randy:
Things that I did today (mind you, today is Thanksgiving):
1. ate dinner
2. identified Jodi's Christmas present (you'll find out in 30 days or so)
3. had my wife prove that I'm not a dirty rotten liar by posting pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment