Friday, February 17, 2012

Never Boring...

Jodi:  We take our cats to a large vet hospital that is serendipitously 5 minutes down the road.  You can imagine with four cats, we're there a fair amount, but it's so big I don't assume they know who I am when I call in.  There's about 5 vets, a lot of vet techs, and at least 6 receptionists.  Today I called our vet to get a refill for Camille's thyroid medicine.  I know, so thrilling, but hear me out.  The conversation went like this:

"Hi!   I'm calling today to order a refill for my cat's medication."

"What's the last name?"

So I tell her and she says, "What's the first name on the account?"

"Randy."

"Is this for 'Expensive'?"

"Ha, ha!  Yes, it is!"

"How is your funny husband?"

"Oh...  he's fine."

So in case you missed that, Randy has gotten the receptionists to either remember or write the nicknames he devised for the cats on their charts.  Camille = Expensive, Keller = Chunky, Rocky = Happy (Not sure why, maybe he's happier than most?  Or he's one of Snow White's Seven Dwarves?), and Apollo = Sketchy.  Not only is Camille famous at the vet, but my husband is too.  Famous for what, you ask?

A couple of years ago, we took Camille and Keller to the vet for shots.  Randy can't stand watching them get shots, so I had to play bad cop while he sat in the waiting room.  While 3 vet techs and I were holding Camille down to give her a distemper shot, Randy was outside the door rallying for cats' civil rights.  There are dog treats on the counter, but no cat treats.  Randy insisted there be cat treats as well.  So they opened a bag of cat treats to make Randy happy.

When a little girl came out of one of the other examination rooms with a small crate, he asked her, "Would your cat like a treat?"

"It's a ferret."

Randy turns around to the receptionists, "Where's the ferret treats?"

They kept cat treats on the counter for a good few months, but since cats are usually in crates, I guess they weren't as popular as the dog treats.  But at least we know you can get them if you ask!

Anyone else embarrassed every time they call the vet?  Anyone have any crazy husbands?  C'mon, I know I'm not the only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment