Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lyla's First Birthday

I'm a little late posting this, but better late than never!  Back in December, our goddaughter, Lyla, turned one.  Randy and I got to go up to State College to celebrate, and I made her a big cupcake cake.  I love love love to do children's birthday cakes, and it's extra special when I get to make one for the kids of my very dear friends.  


Some resemblance, right?  This is a smash cupcake (and a spare) for Lyla.


Lyla LOVES cupcakes.  I know this because while we were in Ocean City on vacation back in September, I was working on test cupcakes for Kat and Brandon's wedding, and the kid, at 9 months old, almost ate an entire pumpkin cupcake.  She is highly motivated by food; a kid after my own heart.


She is just all around a happy kid!


 So when Hannah started carrying out the cake...


Lyla was enthralled.


...But we had to finish singing...


and the song was just too long.


I've seen kids at their first birthday cry because they were overwhelmed by the attention and large groups of people, but Lyla just wanted that cake!








Happy girl!


The cake was vanilla (but I dyed it purple to keep things interesting) with lemon buttercream




All done!

1 comment: