Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hotel Crashing


Happy Easter, everyone!  We hope you are having a wonderful holiday spent with family, good friends and good food!  That's what we are doing today...  and watching Game of Thrones in between taking turns making dishes for dinner tonight.

We're not doing too well on our New Years Resolution of posting twice per month.  I blame Randy.  We all know he promised us two more posts:

2. The funny parts of the marathon race
3. Next Year - Inspiring Others

So maybe all of you out there could virtually (or non-virtually) remind him that he owes us two more posts.  Yeah, I know I could have written and not waited on him for more of his unique brand of humor...  oh the shame.

So that's what I'm going to do.  Post about something near and dear to my heart.  I'm going to gush over the decor of our hotel room.  No seriously, I am.  

We stayed at the Saratoga Springs Resort on the Disney property.  I have never stayed there before, but all of the hotels in Disney are pretty nice, and I like checking out new places.  The designers who decorated these rooms did such a great job.  It made you feel at home, comfortable, and relaxed, which is just what you need when you're on vacation!  I think I may steal some of these ideas for our own house.  Someday.
 Pretty cute, right?


The whole place had this New York country race track/equestrian kind of vibe.  Which is something you would expect from a place called Saratoga Springs...  unless you are me.  I didn't make the connection until we got there.

What makes each Disney hotel unique, in my opinion, is the attention to detail.  I love the faux leather corners on the velvet pillow that you usually just throw on the chair the moment you walk into your hotel room.  It just makes the bed.  Not really, I had to do that myself, ha ha.

But anyone with a sewing machine and a strong needle could probably replicate this at home.


I loved the bed spread.  The colors and the details were so fun.


Here's a close-up of the detail in the toile print.  I don't usually go for cartoons on my comforter, but in Disney, you sort of expect it.  I'm guessing you can't get a couple of yards of this at your local JoAnn's.  Maybe there's another print out there with similar colors.


I also loved this lamp.  I bet you could DYI something like this with a nice bird house.  Or with modeling glue and a lot of tiny pieces of wood if you were really handy.

I actually have an awesome bird house that one of my friends gave me as a house warming gift.  I never hung it outside because it was just too beautiful.  It would make a nice lamp! 

This was the little kitchen nook with custom cabinets and breakfast bar.  Love it!


I like that they kept some modern patterns mixed in to keep it current.


Isn't the love seat fabulous?  I would love to have something like this in my kitchen someday.


Now my absolute favorite thing...  the curtains in our room.  They're nice, block the light when you need a nap after an early flight...  but look at the detail.


What are they, bits?  Anyone out there know?  I'm working on some curtains for the living room and I would love to add faux leather ribbon or another type of nice ribbon and whatever these things are.


BAM!  Close up!


I've looked online on ebay, equestrian stores, etc., and the closest thing I can find are bits.  If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment