Saturday, September 15, 2012

Jolly Holiday at Park Fare

When we were down in Disney (yes, we're still on Disney...  can you believe how quickly this summer is blowing by?) we had breakfast with the characters at 1900 Park Fare.

Usually when we go down to Disney, Randy insists on having breakfast with Chip and Dale.  As many of you probably remember, Randy has a crazy cute obsession with them.  From past trips, you might see pictures like this one:


Or this one...


But sadly, this year the Cape May Cafe (where Chip and Dale dine for breakfast) was closed for renovations.  I guess they've been taking their morning acorns elsewhere.

This time we got to have breakfast with all of MY favorite characters!  All in one spot!  I have to give Dad all the credit, he's the one who made reservations at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian.  Might as well have been #17 Cherry Tree Lane.

Who are my favorite characters?  Well Mary Poppins is of course my very favorite, possibly because we're both practically perfect in every way.  I also love Alice (who doesn't love a good tea party?) and Winnie the Pooh.  I guess I have a thing for British characters.

I knew Mary is always looking her best, so yes, I dressed up to meet her in my fanciest July-in-Florida dress.  Lucky for Alice, Park Fare is air conditioned.  I would hate to have to wear that pinafore outside.


Randy, the Mad Hatter, and Bryan discussing the merits of coffee versus tea.  Yes, I swear, it was just coffee in that mug.


Mom's shirt won her plenty of hugs from Pooh.


Twins!  Who knew Tigger was a Flyers fan?


Finally we got to meet Mary.  I was a little nervous that she might not think I was as practically perfect as she is, but luckily I had nothing to worry about.


These next few pictures are Randy, Mary Poppins and the Mad Hatter talking about Randy's future career prospects ...as a chimney sweep.


Mary asked about his qualifications of being a chimney sweep.


Mary thought he could do it even though he is afraid of heights, as long as he didn't look down and danced like Burt.


The Mad Hatter suggested he might be more qualified if he were a lizard with a ladder.


Mom and Dad had a lot of fun too.  I don't think Bryan is really into breakfast with the characters, I think he gets a little nervous around big stars.


It was all fun and games until Randy asked Pooh where Piglet was, and Pooh pointed towards the kitchen.  Randy then looked down at his plate and accused the chefs of cooking Piglet.


No, Piglet was thankfully one of the chefs.  Phew!

I'm not sure if we're allowed back at 1900 Park Fare (thanks, Randy), but we sure had a nice time.





No comments:

Post a Comment