Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Jodi's Marathon: The Cliffhanger Is Resolved


Mom and Dad showed up and found a spot on a bench down the main drag of Hollywood Studios.  Joni, Murray and Aunt Barbara positioned themselves at the Beach Club, and Jason and Lori were at the finish line.

I haven't gotten an update for a while, but I guesstimate he is around mile 20 now
Like ·  · Promote





Then the text came that gave me every confidence that he was fine.

Just got the confirm for 20. Go randy!!!!! He's keeping his pace really well!
Like ·  · Promote





As I sat there at mile 23, I knew about where he was and starting figuring out where we should be and when.  If it doesn't make sense, that's ok, it made sense to me at the time.  I was wrong though...  not sure if it was my math, but I thought Randy would be at mile 23 at 11:45.  When he wasn't there right at 11:45, I got panicked phonecalls from his mom every 5 minutes.


When he finally went by a little after 12, I had his sunglasses ready for him.  Then I turned and dodged strollers down the Pixar lot to get to parents.  Unfortunately I just missed him.  Darn kids.

He looked good at mile 23. He was walking but looked good. He was running again by time he passed my parents in the front of MGM.
Like ·  · Promote





Dad and I dragged Mom out of MGM and as we were debating trying to catch Randy with Joni and Murray at the Beach and Yacht Club, I realized with traffic we would probably get to the finish line right before Randy.  So we practically picked Mom up and carried her to the car (she has little legs) and Mom asked if we could stop somewhere and get some food.  Dad and I both looked at her at the same time.  "No!"

We got to the finish line, but we couldn't get close.  We found Jason and Lori and Jason and I hopped up and down trying to see over the crowd until we saw him:

6 hours 33 mins!!!!!!!
Like ·  · Promote




Then Randy went behind a big wall and came out the other side with his medal.  It reminded me of the sneetches without stars upon thars going through the star machine by Sylvester McMonkey McBean.  I hope my mom isn't the only one who gets that reference.  Disney probably does it that way on purpose so it's more magical.  Maybe the woman giving out the medals was Tinkerbell.


And the rest was history.

Randy and his dad, Murray




photo.php.jpg


  • JackBeckyEdie and 8 others like this.
  • Nicole You crazy kids 
  • Nathan Congrats Randy
  • Jan  COngrat U Lations Randy!!

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment